The information we collect via the Website may include:
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
2. In order to effectively process credit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
3. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
4. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Privacy, Big Man Talking, Caolila, FK14 7JY Glendevon, Perth And Kinross, United Kingdom
Cookies are not programs or software. When you visit a website it stores a snippet of text from your visit, the next time you visit this text is retrieved by the website and they recognise you depending on the type of website. So when it feels like a website knows your preferences or is showing you items based on previous searches or choices this is because the website has used a cookie to recognise you. Cookies on our website do NOT store personally identifiable information such as postal addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
Our cookies help us:
– Make our website work as you’d expect
– Remember your settings during and between visits
– Improve the speed/security of the site
– Continuously improve our website for you
– Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
– Collect any personally identifiable information (we will always ask for your express permission if we ever do collect this information but we don’t see why we ever will need to)
– Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
You can learn more about all the types of cookies we use below
Google Analytics – you can opt out of Google Analytics using this tool:
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Here is another guide to your online options; http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ie/